Review: The Light Between Worlds

The Light Between Worlds by Laura E. Weymouth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"The heart of a woman falls back with the night,
And enters some alien cage in its plight,
And tries to forget it has dreamed of the stars
While it breaks, breaks, breaks on the sheltering bars"


Oh boy, had I expected this book to be completely opposite of what I got? Yes. A thousand times.

Weymouth has a way with words. Each sentence contained a deep thought and emotion. Some people thought that this book is similar to Lewis's 'The Chronicles of Narnia'. I disagree, however. This book definitely has a similar concept to that beautiful series, and the characters are similar too. The thing about this book is that it says more about finding your way back home. The age-old question: Who am I? Where do I belong?

Further, Weymouth also explores a bond of sisterhood. The book is divided into two perspectives told in the first person, which I thought was interesting. When I started reading the book, I wasn't able to follow the storyline. There is a past and then there is the present. When I realized what was going on, the reading was a breeze. It felt like I was in an ancient Britain.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Evermore

Review: The Beholder

Love & Luck