Review: Queen of Air and Darkness

Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

“Grief can be so bad you can’t breathe, but that’s what it means to be human. We lose, we suffer, but we have to keep breathing.”

As usual, Clare's writing is quite captivating in this last book of The Dark Artifices series. However, I did see bits of differences in her plot structure compared to the other books. I felt as though I was reading a continuation of the TV show 'Shadowhunters'. The fact that I like about her books is that she takes on places and names from various poems and brings them back to life. Yeah, it is another thing that this poems mostly follow the gothic element. There is usually something dark as such.

Overall, I loved the plot in this book. It was quite devastating at times, but then everything ends well. Of course, a Blackthorn sibling dies. Further, there are several twisted romances. Oh well. Love has no boundaries. The way the things resolved in the end was really interesting. I had never imagined that the things would end up being that way in the book. The worst part was that the book ended in a cliffhanger. Again. The good news is that we might be seeing more of Jace and Clary it seems. So much for happy endings, I suppose.

I would recommend this book to people who like highly intense reading.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Beholder

Review: Evermore

Love & Luck