I Am the Weapon

I Am the Weapon by Allen Zadoff
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

“I listen as I walk down the hall, measuring off the seconds before she closes the door. With a friend, you might close it right behind them. With someone you’re interested in, you might wait a few seconds before closing. And with someone you’re falling for . . . With someone you’re falling for, you don’t go inside. You wait and watch them go. Just like she’s doing now.”

Well, I read this as a part of a class assignment. Maybe, I wouldn't have looked into this book otherwise, but oh well. I am glad that I got hands on this book through the school library.

Note that this book was initially titled as 'Boy Nobody' and heaven knows that I picked up the book since I found the title interesting. Now, it is called 'I am the Weapon' as you can see. They obviously co-relate since the weapon is the boy who calls himself a nobody if you know what I mean. The best part of the book for me is something silly. There are very few books in which it is fun to read the action that goes with madness. The kind of action that you can see through your third eye and it is fun.

The characters in the book are insane. The book is traumatizing from the start for both the readers and the characters themselves. For one, we know from the start that Boy Nobody (who has a name) has a dark past. He is working with an organization who killed his father. The organization had said that it was necessary, but was it really? He had a choice and he chose to live. To live means he had to work for them. As a part of his new mission, he goes to a high school to kill someone and to do that he needs to befriend someone, whom he falls for. There is some politics going on. Hell, there is a lot of politics going on which makes us question who is right. In the end, he kills her. I repeat, he kills her. His love.

Personally, I was devastated. I was mad at Boy Nobody, but he had to do what he had to do. I haven't read the next book in the series yet, but I am sure that he is going to take revenge. I can affirm that he is going to bring this blasted organization, which took everything from him, down. First, it took away his best friend. Then his father. Then his life. Then his one love. It killed him. It created him. It killed him again. It made him a weapon...

I can say that this book flowed really well. I got caught in the plot from the very beginning. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I once did.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Seek: The Strange Case Continues

Review: The Beholder

Review: Evermore