The Cruel Prince

The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“Because you’re like a story that hasn’t happened yet. Because I want to see what you will do. I want to be part of the unfolding of the tale.”

This was my first Holly Black book that I really finished and loved. Like truly loved. The whole concept was truly intriguing. If you are a fan of Sarah J Mass or Cassandra Clare, then you should definitely go for this one. You wouldn't be disappointed.

So, as anyone else who read this book, you are going to completely hate Prince Cardan from the very start. However, don't be tricked by the deception! I agree that he plays a huge role in embarrassing as well as abusing Jude. Furthermore, it is obviously hard for a human to live with Fae folks. Obviously... Well, it is true that Cardan abuses her. Jude gets her way in abducting him though. She also learns the true nature of Cardan. He is a disappointment in his family. As such, he shows cruelness to others. Kindness is a weakness in this place. Afterall, Fae is not supposed to really have emotions.

As the story moves on, we realize that Jude's step-brother is an heir to the throne. So, Cardan and Jude conspire to give him the throne, but oh well. Do plans usually work? Umm, not really...

Overall, the book was an amazing journey. I had a lot of fun. I had my moments. There is some abuse, but that is a part of the story.

I am highly anticipating for the next book. I hope that it would be even better than this book...!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Seek: The Strange Case Continues

Review: The Beholder

Review: Evermore