Review: Cinder

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

“But if there was one thing she knew from years as a mechanic, it was that some stains never came out.”

I can staunchly tell that this book is the best re-telling I have read ever. Note that I read this book a year ago and just adding the review.

So, Cinder is like any other Cinderella with a small difference. She is a cyborg. Yes, you heard me right. Well, I wouldn't say that she is a robot. She is human. She just has some appendages replaced and the cause as to why that happened is quite dark. She has the worst aunts. Not one, but two. Imagine the pain. She is a Lunar Princess, and she doesn't even know that. Her injuries are caused by an aunt she didn't know she had. There are a lot of things she doesn't know. So, her story is that of self-discovery. When she learns the truth, everything changes. I feel that the first and the last book in the series are the best. I don't know if that is some kind of Primary and Recency Bias.

In her book, Meyer develops different worlds, and she does succeed. There are spaceships, bitter step-sisters, a Prince, another planet, and a wanted mechanic Princess. Cinder develops a lot throughout the whole series.

Overall, I loved the series. I would recommend it to the people who don't mind dystopia fantasy with some romance.

Find more reviews on: The Secret of Drue Isle


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Beholder

Review: Evermore

Love & Luck